Learn about the search bar function inside your Products and how your customers can use it to find your Product Posts and Categories.
In this article:
- The Product Search Bar
- Customizing the text shown in the Product Search Bar
- Can I customize search attributes and parameters?
The Product Search Bar
The Search Bar can be found in the header of your Products next to your page Menu and above your Product Posts. This function allows you to find results for posts and categories based upon the search query.
The search function of your Product Posts are navigation search queries that will pull up the different pages of your product; such as your Product Posts and Categories.
Entering words or phrases into the search bar will generate results with matching terminology from inside your posts; e.g. titles, text body, etc.
Customizing the text shown in the Product Search Bar
To customize the text shown inside the Product Search Bar:
- Open the Products tab from the Dashboard.
- Click into the Product with the Search Bar you wish to customize.
- Click Customize.
- Then, click Customize again to access your Product Theme Builder.
- Navigate to the left sidebar editor and click Search.
- From here you can edit the Search Bar placeholder text and the Search Results Title and Button Text.
Can I customize search attributes and parameters?
No, the attributes and parameters of the search function inside your Product cannot be customized.