Learn how to offer a Syllabus for those who wish to view what's in your course before purchasing.
In this article:
- Why offer a syllabus?
- Offer a free trial period
- Create a Syllabus Preview Page
- Send an Automated Email after Form Submission
Why offer a syllabus?
Offering a syllabus to potential customers is a great way to showcase your course content and value.
If a prospect can view exactly what they will receive for the price, they will better understand what to expect in the course and what to look forward to in each module.
Offer a free trial period
A simple way to showcase what your course will contain is by offering a free trial period through the Offer. This will allow the customer to join the course for a set period of time without paying.
They will be automatically charged the subscription price at the end of the trial if they do not reach out to you to cancel their membership before that date.
How to offer a free trial period:
- Open the Sales tab from your Dashboard.
- Then, select Offers.
- Select the Offer you want to set up a trial period for.
- In the Offer editor, select the Pricing tab.
- From there, navigate to Price Details.
- Select Subscription for the Payment type.
- Enter your desired Payment amount for each recurring payment.
- In the Trial period days field, enter the number of days your trial period will last after purchase.
- Remember to click Save to save your changes:
Create a Syllabus Preview Page
Creating a Sales Page that details your course content is another option to show off your course content.
Read How to Add Pages to your Website for details on selecting a Template and generating a new page.
After you have selected your Template, design your Page. For this example, we used the Evolve template:
Send an Automated Email after Form Submission
Sending an Automated Email after a Form Submission is an excellent way to provide more information to a prospect through email. This will first require the creation of a Form, then an Automation to send an Email after the Form is submitted.
In the Email that will be sent after Form submission, you will want to include a copy of your Syllabus. This can either be text:
or you can upload a graphic image of your syllabus to the email:
And that's how to offer a Syllabus! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!