Learn how to offer a Syllabus for those who wish to view what's in your course before purchasing.
In this article:
- Why offer a syllabus?
- Offer a trial period
- Create a Syllabus Preview Page
- Send an Automated Email after Form Submission
Why offer a syllabus?
Offering a syllabus to potential members is a great way to show your course contents and its value.
If a prospect can view exactly what they will receive for the price, they will better understand what to expect in the course and what to look forward to in each module.
Offer a trial period
A simple way to showcase what your course will contain is by offering a trial period through the offer. This will allow the member to join the course for a set period of time without paying. They will be automatically charged the subscription price at the end of the trial if they do not reach out to you to cancel their membership before that date.
How to offer a trial period:
- Open the Sales tab from your Dashboard.
- Then, select Offers.
- In the Offers tab, select the Offer you want to set up a trial period for.
- In the Offer editor, open the Offer Details tab.
- From there, navigate to Price Details.
- Select Subscription for the Payment type.
- Enter your desired Payment amount for each recurring payment.
- In the Trial period days field, enter the number of days your trial period will last after purchase.
- Remember to click Save to save your changes:
Create a Syllabus Preview Page
Creating a Sales Page that details your course contents is another option to show off your course contents.
Read How to Add Pages to your Website for details on selecting a Template and generating a new page.
After you have selected your template, design your Page. For this example, we used the Evolve template:
Send an Automated Email after Form Submission
Sending an Automated Email after a Form Submission is an excellent way to provide more information to a prospect through email. This will require a Form to be created, then an Automation to send an Email attached to that Form.
In the email that will be sent after form submission, you will want to include a copy of your Syllabus. This can either be text:
or you can upload a graphic image of your syllabus to the email: