Learn how to Drip Product Posts and Categories starting from the Product Access Date.
In this article:
Product Access + Drip
With Kajabi, you can sell a Product through an Offer with a future release date set. This is a great tool to use if you want to offer preorders for an upcoming Product release. This will allow you to sell the Offer now but still work on the Product itself before the release date.
The Product access settings available in your Offer editor allow you to set the date when you want Offer access to begin. Paired with the Drip feature, you can control exactly when you want to give access to your Product and Product Posts.
When the Product Access Date and Drip are combined, you can set how many days after Product access a specified Product post or category will become available. This means that the Drip countdown will start after the Product Access date has passed.
For example, if the Product Access Date is set for 5 days from now, then the Drip is set for 5 days, if a member purchases the Offer today the Offer access will open in 5 days and the Product Post will Drip 5 days after that. This would be a total of 10 days after purchase.
Keep in mind that changing the Product Access Date will impact future purchases only. If you choose to change the Product Access Date, Members that have purchased the Offer before your update will not be affected by the change.
Set the Product access date
To set up a Drip date according to when Offer Access begins, you will first need to set the Product Access Date from within the Offer.
To begin access to your Product(s) on a specific date:
- Open the Sales tab from your Dashboard.
- Then, click Offers.
- Select the Offer you want to edit or create a new one.
- Scroll to the Product Access Panel.
- Select the Begin access at a specific date option and choose a specific date on the calendar.
- Remember to click Save to keep your changes:
Set the Product Post Drip date
Next, you will want to set the Product Post Drip date. This will be the date that the specified Posts will be available after the Product Access Date has passed.
To drip content:
- Open the Products tab from your Dashboard.
- Click the Product you wish to edit or create a new one.
- Locate the Category or Sub-Category within the Product you want to Drip.
- Click the Content Release Icon on the right of the Category or Sub-Category you want to Drip.
- In the dropdown menu, select Drip.
- Choose how many days after purchase/grant that you want the Category or Sub-Category to be available, then click Save: