Delegate the administration and moderation of your Community to your most engaged leaders and advocates, or members of your business team.
In this article:
- What are admins and moderators?
- Using your business team as admins and moderators
- Selecting Community members to be admins and moderators
- Appoint admins and moderators on the web
- Appoint admins and moderators on the mobile app
What are admins and moderators?
Appoint admins and moderators to help you manage your Kajabi Community.
Admins have access to advanced Community tools like moderating via deleting messages and creating Meetups, Circles, and Challenges.
A Community admin's responsibilities can include:
- Welcoming new Community members.
- Leading Circles by initiating discussion, posing questions, and creating polls.
- Organizing Meetups and Challenges on relevant topics.
Moderators are easily identified by a star next to their name in your Community. They have the ability to moderate your Community by deleting messages in Circles.
A Community moderator's responsibilities can include:
- Welcoming new Community members.
- Deleting inappropriate messages to maintain a safe space for everyone.
- Creating Meetups and Circles.
Using your business team as admins and moderators
Do you have members of your business team appointed as Administrators or Assistants in your Kajabi Account settings?
When you add your existing Kajabi Administrators and Assistants to your new Kajabi Community, their member status will automatically be updated in your Community product.
People designated as Administrators in your Kajabi Account settings will automatically become Admins in your Community, and people designated as Assistants in your settings will automatically become Community Moderators:
In Kajabi Account Settings
In Kajabi Community Product
Support Specialists do not have Community permissions
Selecting Community members to be admins and moderators
It's generally ideal to appoint between 3-15 moderators/admins to help you manage your Community, depending on its size and complexity. Consider selecting people from a variety of time zones for the best coverage.
Here are a few best practices you can follow when choosing members of your Community to appoint as admins or moderators:
1. Appoint existing leaders.
Do you already have Community members holding leadership roles? These members are often the most logical first choice for official admin or moderator roles.
2. Identify your most active members.
Your most active and engaged Community members will likely be a good choice to serve in an admin or moderator capacity. Let your Community know that active participation can lead to an invitation to serve in these roles.
3. Put out a call for applications.
If you don't already have clear leaders in your Community, consider asking for volunteers to take on admin or moderator roles. Post an Announcement with a link to an application form with screening questions and choose the applicants who stand out as the best fit with your mission.
Tips for Success
Once you've chosen your admins and moderators:
- Delegate. Consider nominating a lead admin and lead moderator to oversee others on your behalf.
- Communicate. Create a private Circle where you can communicate with admins and moderators only.
- Meet regularly. Schedule leadership team meetings with your admins and moderators on a regular basis (i.e. once a month) to discuss feedback and ideas.
Appoint admins and moderators on the web
To appoint your admins and moderators using the Community web app:
- Click Find Members in the left sidebar just below the Invite button.
- (Optional) Use the search bar to locate your member.
- Click the three dots
...to the right of the member's name.
- Select Assign Admin or Assign Moderator from the dropdown menu.
- Then, click Confirm in the popup to confirm the appointment:
To revoke an Admin or Moderator assignment, simply follow the procedure above and select Revoke Admin or Revoke Moderator:
Appoint admins and moderators on the mobile app
To appoint your admins and moderators using the Community mobile app:
- Select Circles from the bottom navigation bar.
- Then, select the Edit icon at the top right of the screen.
- Select the member you want to appoint (use the search bar if needed).
- Then, select the horizontal ellipsis at the top right of the screen.
- Choose between Appoint as Moderator or Appoint as Admin.
- Then, click Yes in the popup to confirm the appointment:
And that’s how you can appoint Community admins and moderators! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!