Learn best practices for building your Community with Kajabi.
In this article:
- Why build a Community in the first place?
- How to think about building a Community
- Engagement best practices
Why build a Community in the first place?
There are a number of ways in which building a Kajabi Community can benefit you and your audience and help you achieve your business goals:
- Move your most engaged members off of social media sites where you have less control.
- Engage your members over the long term without dependence on social algorithms.
- Cultivate a warm Community ready to support your other projects and product releases.
- Reduce the time you spend answering questions, as your members can help each other.
- Expand on the existing value from your other products and courses.
- Have a place to share exclusive content and behind-the-scenes peeks.
- Enjoy the reward of seeing the impact you are making.
How to think about building a Community
Make sure to build something sustainable that will provide your followers with significant value:
- Poll your members using either Instagram stories or a formal survey. You'll receive valuable qualitative and quantitative data to inform your Community content, and also get buy-in from the start (participating in decision-making helps get members invested in the outcome).
- What questions do you get asked over and over again? What’s in your comments or DMs? These are great starting points to begin thinking about what kind of Community and content your audience will respond to best.
- What projects do you have coming up? How can the Community support what you're already doing?
- What is your capacity? Do you have time to commit to a Community without overwhelming yourself? Do you need to think bigger or smaller?
Engagement best practices
The following are a few ways you can boost engagement in your Community.
Implement strong onboarding
Have a clear path to engagement for new members so they know where to start. Consider sending a welcome message or assigning your moderators to welcome new members.
Employ clear CTAs
Create clear and compelling calls-to-action in your Community so your members know exactly how to get involved. Explicitly ask them to share their experiences, comment with their point of view, share advice, etc.
Try out different content types
Posts, live room interactions, Challenges- find out what your Community responds to best!
Use your moderators
Moderators can help supercharge engagement. They can multiply your time by welcoming new members, moderating Circles, generating ideas, and leading Meetups.
Establish community rituals
- Send a personal welcome message
- Post weekly welcoming new members
- Implement Community guidelines to set the tone
- Celebrate birthdays or milestones
Post content on a regular basis and/or on the same day of the week so your members know what to expect and when. This helps to encourage habitual action.
Model ideal behavior
Often members hesitate because they don't know what to say or do. Overcome this inertia by engaging in the same ways you want your members to engage - or assign this responsibility to your moderators.
And that’s how you can build a strong Community with Kajabi! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!