Bounced emails impact the reputation of your mailing list and can negatively affect your email deliverability. Learn how to delete the contacts of bounced email addresses.
In this article:
Why delete bounced emails?
The best method of ensuring a high deliverability rate is by nurturing a healthy mailing list.
Bounced emails impact the reputation of your mailing list and can negatively affect your email deliverability.
Read How to Optimize Email Deliverability for details.
Bounced vs. dropped
Dropped emails - A temporary error commonly caused by a full inbox on the recipient's end. Kajabi will make several attempts to deliver the email, but if the email does not go through, it will drop.
Hard Bounced emails - A permanent error that can be caused by invalid emails, disabled inboxes, or if the domain doesn't exist.
Because we know how important it is for your content to reach your subscriber's inbox, Kajabi helps you manage your Hard Bounced contacts and improve your email deliverability by automating the process of unsubscribing your Hard Bounced Emails.
Learn more about How Auto Unsubscribe Helps you Maintain a Healthy Mailing List.
How to remove bounced email addresses
Although Kajabi helps you manage your Hard Bounced Contacts by automatically unsubscribing them from your List, it is always best practice to occasionally clean up your List by removing Hard Bounced Email Addresses.
To remove bounced email addresses:
- Open the People tab from the Dashboard.
- Click into the Segments dropdown menu.
- Select Hard Bounced.
- Click the Select All checkbox.
- Open the Bulk Actions menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Actions to select Delete.
- Acknowledge that deleting contacts cannot be undone by reading the prompt and performing the requested action.
- Then, click Permanently delete to permanently remove your existing bounced email addresses: