Learn how a Section is used to build a beautifully designed page.
In this article:
What is a Section?
A Section is the term used in Kajabi to describe a specific area of your page containing Block(s) to organize and break up your content.
Your page will typically contain multiple Sections that can be customized and previewed in the sidebar Editor:
Sections are used to enhance your user's experience by organizing and presenting your content in an easy-to-consume, beautifully designed Page.
All sections contain blocks that make up a given section. This means that any Section can be replicated by adding Block Types to a Section.
However, it is important to note that adding Preset Sections with Preset Block Types (e.g., Text in Panel, Hero with Countdown) will differ in appearance compared to Sections in which you "Add Content" to include additional Block Types.
To help you build fully-integrated, powerful pages even faster, we’ve added more Preset Sections. With over 45 preset Sections to choose from, design your page exactly as you want:
- Basic Content sections include various preset Text Blocks, a Text block with a Call to Action preset, or a Form Block and a Text Block.
- Hero sections have preset backgrounds that can include a Countdown overlay, Form overlay, Image overlay, or a Video overlay.
- Features can be used to showcase your brand, product, or service with Feature Cards or Feature Columns.
- Marketing & Events sections help you grow your list, register visitors to an event, and more with Forms, Event Countdowns, Multi-Video Launch, and Assessment blocks.
- Images enhance the visual experience of your page and can be used with Text or as an Image Gallery directly on your Page.
- Videos are an excellent tool to engage and inform your visitors. The Video section can be used alongside Text, to create a Video Gallery, or to embed a Video.
- Offers and Pricing sections display your products and services in varying formats including an Offer Storefront, Pricing Cards, and Pricing Options blocks.
- FAQs can be used for a variety of functions to contain easy-to-read content within dropdowns as you commonly see with frequently asked questions.
- Testimonials section generates Feature blocks to display your testimonials on your Page.
- Social sections generate clickable Blog Post blocks to direct your site visitors to your most recent Blog Posts or a Logo List with Image Blocks to showcase the companies you have worked with or featured on.
- Custom sections allow you to design unique, one-of-a-kind sections from scratch with any Block Type you choose and/or with custom code. Combine images, text, video, forms, calls to action and more… there’s no limit to how you can combine blocks in your custom section.
With a variety of Sections to choose from, we have made it easier to search for your desired preset section by clicking Add Section in the sidebar editor and entering the section name in the search bar.
- Open the Website tab from the Dashboard.
- Click the Pages tab.
- Select the Landing tab.
- Open the page editor for your Page. Learn more
- In the sidebar editor, hover over the Section you wish to edit.
- Click + Add Section from the sidebar.
- Select your desired section and click Add.
- Click Save to keep your changes: