Learn how a Section is used to build a beautifully designed page.
In this article:
What is a Section?
A Section is the term used in Kajabi to describe a specific area of your page containing Block(s) used to organize and break up your content.
Your page will typically contain multiple Sections, which can be customized and previewed in the sidebar editor:
Sections are used to enhance your user's experience by organizing and presenting your content in an easy-to-consume, beautifully designed Page.
All Sections are made up of Blocks. This means that any Section can be replicated by adding Block Types to a Section.
However, it is important to note that Preset Sections with Preset Block Types (e.g., Text in Panel, Hero with Countdown) will differ in appearance compared to Sections in which you "Add Content" to include additional Block Types.
To help you build fully-integrated, powerful pages even faster, we’ve added more Preset Sections. With over 45 preset Sections to choose from, design your page exactly as you want:
- Basic Content sections include various preset Text Blocks, a Text Block with a Call to Action preset, or a Form Block and a Text Block.
- Hero sections have preset backgrounds that can include a Countdown overlay, Form overlay, Image overlay, or a Video overlay.
- Features can be used to showcase your brand, product, or service with Feature Cards or Feature Columns.
- Carousel can be used to display images, testimonials, and videos in an interactive Carousel section.
- Marketing & Events sections help you grow your list, register visitors to an event, and more with Forms, Event Countdowns, Multi-Video Launch, and Assessment Blocks.
- Images enhance the visual experience of your page and can be used with Text or as an Image Gallery directly on your page.
- Videos are an excellent tool to engage and inform your visitors. The Video section can be used alongside Text to create a Video Gallery or embed a Video.
- Offers and Pricing sections display your products and services in varying formats including an Offer Storefront, Pricing Cards, and Pricing Options Blocks.
- FAQs can be used for a variety of functions and contain easy-to-read content within dropdowns as you commonly see with frequently asked questions.
- Testimonials section generates Feature Blocks to display your testimonials on your page.
- Social sections generate clickable Blog Post Blocks to direct your site visitors to your most recent Blog Posts, or a Logo List with Image Blocks to showcase the companies you've worked with or been featured by.
- Custom sections allow you to design unique, one-of-a-kind sections from scratch with any Block Type you choose and/or with custom code. Combine images, text, video, forms, calls to action and more… there’s no limit to how you can combine Blocks in your custom section.
With a variety of Sections to choose from, we have made it easier to search for your desired preset Section by clicking Add Section in the sidebar editor and entering the Section name in the search bar.
- Open the Website tab from the Dashboard.
- Click the Pages tab.
- Select the Landing tab.
- Open the page editor for your Page. Learn more
- Click + Add Section from the sidebar.
- Select your desired Section and click Add.
- Click Save to keep your changes:
And that's how to add Sections to your pages! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!