Learn to subscribe contacts to your unique email sequences based on their responses submitted in a Form.
In this article:
- Creating targeted email sequences based on form submissions
- Step 1. Create email sequences
- Step 2. Create a custom form field
- Step 3. Create your automation
- Step 4. Share your form
Creating targeted email sequences based on form submissions
In this guide, learn to set up your personalized email sequences to send to specific recipients based on their Form responses.
Spend your time and resources designing your content and less on the technicalities of running an online business with the power of Forms and Automations.
This simple, yet powerful set up allows you to enhance the experience your users have with your email content by sending targeted messaging based on their answers submitted with a Form.
Step 1. Create email sequences
Draft and design personalized, branded email sequences to be sent to your Form Submitters depending on their selected responses.
For example, if you create a Form as a survey to collect user feedback (i.e., Love the course, Course was sometimes helpful, or Did not like the course) you may want to consider creating email sequences for each feedback response.
Step 2. Create a custom form field
Now that you have completed the difficult part of this guide (creating your email content), let's set up your Form!
For the purpose of this guide, we will create a survey to collect user feedback to use as an example:
- Open the Marketing tab from the Dashboard.
- Click Forms.
- Select the Form you wish to edit or create a new one.
- Under Form Fields, click Create a New Field.
- Add a new title (easily identifiable) and select Radio Buttons as the type.
- Enter custom Choices for your contacts to select from (e.g., Everyday, Sometimes, Never).
- Select Make this field required if you wish to require the field in order for your users to submit the form.
- Then, click Save:
Step 3. Create your automation
After creating your custom form field, build your Automation to subscribe your Form Submitters to your different Email Sequences depending on their selected choice.
- In your Form, locate Automations.
- Click + Add Automation.
- Select Subscribe to an email sequence in the THEN field.
- Then, select your desired Email Sequence that corresponds with your first custom form field choice.
- Click Condition and select the Title of your custom form field.
- In the next field, paste or enter the Choice that corresponds with the email sequence selected.
Important note: The response entered in your Automation must exactly match the choice created in your Form (including all spaces, punctuations, and characters).
- Click Apply.
- Then, click Save to keep your changes:
Repeat for each choice/answer created in your custom form field to subscribe your Form Submitters to your different Email Sequences based on their selected answers.
Step 4. Share your form
Congratulations, you have officially completed setting up your automated Form and Email Sequences!
Now that you have set up the backend process, connect your Form to your landing pages to allow users to submit their responses to your Form and subscribe to your targeted email sequences.
By connecting your Form to your landing pages, you can design the appearance of your Form.