Learn to create an Unsubscribe link in your Email Campaign to unsubscribe your recipients from specific marketing email sequence(s).
In this article:
- Why create my own unsubscribe link?
- Creating an unsubscribe from email sequence link
- Step 1. Create an opt-out page
- Step 2. Add your page link to your emails
- Step 3. Create an unsubscribe trigger with automations
- Step 4. Test your email
Why create my own unsubscribe link?
You may be asking, why would I create my own unsubscribe link?
Doesn't my email already have an unsubscribe link?
Kajabi helps you comply with various email laws (e.g., the CAN-SPAM Act) by including a built-in unsubscribe button to every email you send with Kajabi.
However, this link will unsubscribe your recipients from receiving all marketing emails in the future.
If your recipients wish to unsubscribe from a specific email sequence but would like to remain subscribed to your other marketing emails, you may want to include a separate Unsubscribe link in your email sequence(s).
Creating an unsubscribe from the email sequence link
Creating an Unsubscribe link for your Email Sequence is made simple with the power of Automations.
Step 1. Create an opt-out page
Creating an Unsubscribe link in the emails of your Email Sequence requires the creation of a Page.
The link to this Page will be used in your Automation and the Page will be used to communicate to your recipients that they have successfully unsubscribed from the specific email sequence but may continue to receive other marketing emails.
Step 2. Add your page link to your emails
When adding your Opt-out Page Link to the emails of your Email Sequence, include a clear message indicating to your recipients that the link will unsubscribe them from the specific email sequence, but not from all marketing emails.
For example, "Not interested in receiving emails about our upcoming Online Course Promotion? Click here to unsubscribe from the promotion."
After copying your Page URL, add your link and your message in every email of your Email Sequence:
- Open the Marketing tab from the Dashboard.
- Click Email Campaigns from the sidebar.
- Select the Email Sequence you wish to edit or create a new one.
- Click into an existing email in your sequence or create a new one.
- Enter your message and highlight the text where you want to insert your link.
- Select the Insert/edit link icon.
- Paste your Page URL.
- For the Target:
- Select None if you wish the page to open in the existing window when clicked.
- Select New Window to open the Page in a new window when clicked.
- Click Ok to apply your link.
- Then, click Save to keep your changes:
After creating an "unsubscribe from sequence" link in your first email, repeat Step 2 for every email in your Email Sequence.
Step 3. Create an unsubscribe trigger with automations
Using the power of Automations, automatically unsubscribe your recipient when they click the link in the email:
- Navigate back to your Email Sequence Editor from your Email.
- Click + Add Automation for your first email in the sequence.
- Open the When dropdown menu.
- Select Email Sequence email is clicked.
- Then, in the next dropdown, select the unsubscribe link (the Opt-out Page Link).
- Open the Then dropdown menu.
- Select Unsubscribe from an email sequence.
- Then, select the email sequence to unsubscribe from when clicked.
- Click Save to apply and keep your changes:
Congratulations! You have now set up your very own unsubscribe link to allow your recipients to unsubscribe from a specific email sequence while maintaining their subscription for your other marketing emails.
Step 4. Test your email
After setting up your unsubscribe link, test your link by:
- Subscribing to the sequence just as your contacts would (e.g., with a Funnel, a Landing Page, a purchase, etc.).
- Keep a separate tab open to view your Email Sequence Subscribers:
- Then, click the link in your email to unsubscribe from the sequence.
And that’s how you can create a link to unsubscribe a contact from an Email Sequence! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!
Disclaimer: This article and other materials posted on our website is offered for informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice. Do not rely on the information found here without consulting a licensed attorney in your location for your specific circumstances. It is ultimately your responsibility, and you hereby release Kajabi from all responsibility, to determine the laws or regulations, including international laws, applicable to you and your business. It is always best to be familiar with ALL laws, rules, regulations, and legislation that may be applicable to you and your recipients’ country/region.