Learn to add a telephone link to your page with a Call to Action (CTA) button.
In this article:
What is a telephone link?
A telephone link is a click-to-call button used to automatically open the default phone app on a visitor's device when clicked:
Telephone links can be used to encourage your page visitors to reach out to you with an easy-to-click button.
To create a telephone link, include the link
tel: followed by the phone number you wish to automatically populate in the default phone app of your visitor's device.
For example, the link could be
tel:555-555-5555 to open the phone app with the phone number pre-populated. This helps your user easily contact you via a phone call.
How to add a telephone link
Step 1. Create a Call to Action (CTA) button
Use a CTA to insert your telephone link in your Pages, Email Campaigns, and Products with a button.
For the purpose of this guide, we will create a Call to Action (CTA) in a landing page:
- Open the Website tab from the Dashboard.
- Select the Pages tab.
- Open the page editor for your Page. Learn more
- Navigate to the sidebar panel.
- Click Add Section.
- Select Call to Action.
- Click Add. Your newly created Section will generate at the bottom of your page:
Step 2. Insert your telephone link
Open the CTA to insert your telephone link:
- In the sidebar, open the Text block.
- Navigate to Block Settings and click Call To Action.
- Under Button Action, select Go to a URL.
- In the empty field below Button Action, enter your telephone link (e.g.,
- Click Save to apply your changes:
And that's how to create a telephone link using a CTA! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!