Podcasts are an excellent way to share information with the world, letting your audience in on conversations they wouldn’t normally have access to in their everyday life. In this guide, learn how to create, manage, and publish your podcast.
In this article:
- Creating Your Podcast in Kajabi
- Editing the Details
- Creating an Episode
- View Analytics (Beta)
Looking to learn how to import your existing podcast onto Kajabi? Follow our guide on Importing an Existing Podcast onto Kajabi!
For an in-depth course on creating a podcast, follow our Kajabi University Podcasting course! In this course, you will learn about the best practices and tools needed to create your own podcasts on Kajabi.
Creating Your Podcast in Kajabi
To create a Podcast:
- Open the Products tab from your Dashboard.
- Select Podcast.
- Click Get Started.
- Make sure Podcast is selected as the Product type, and click Get Started again:
Importing Your Podcast
If you already have a published podcast, importing your podcast is a quick and easy way to bring your created content onto Kajabi.
Import your Podcast:
- Select Import a podcast and click Continue.
- Follow the prompt by pasting your RSS feed link and click Continue.
- Confirm your podcast details are correct and click Save and Finish.
- Kajabi will then import and organize your Podcast:
Creating a New Podcast from Scratch
To create a new Podcast:
- Select Create a new podcast, and click Continue.
- Enter your Title and Host information, and a Description.
- Choose if you would like to make your podcast Public or Private:
Public Podcasts are accessible to everyone.
Private Podcasts will be private to only those who have purchased or been granted an Offer connected to your podcast product.
- Next, select a Language and Category for your podcast.
- Then choose if you want your podcast to display in episodic or serial order:
Episodic will order your podcast episodes starting with the most recent episode at the top of the list.
Serial will order your podcast episodes from oldest to newest, organized by season.
- Click Continue:
- Finally, customize your podcast's appearance by selecting a Primary and Accent color and uploading a thumbnail image.
- Click Save and Finish to create your podcast:
Previewing Your Podcast Page
Your Podcast page will automatically generate with a URL in the format of: https://domain.com/podcasts/your-podcast-name.
Preview your Podcast page and your page URL by clicking the Preview icon at the top right of the Podcast Editor:
Editing the Details
To edit your Podcast Details:
- Click the Settings tab in the top menu of your Podcast page.
- Owner Email
- Thumbnail Image
- Select if the Podcast contains explicit content
- Disable episodes from being downloaded
In the podcast categories section, select up to three categories that best fit the description of your Podcast content. Selecting multiple categories will help with discoverability.
In the Page customization section, you can select Primary and Accent colors to customize the look of your Podcast page to better match your branding.
Primary Color applies to the audio player and page buttons.
Accent Color applies to the header background:
Creating an Episode
To create an Episode:
- Click New Episode in the upper right of your podcast page.
- Next, follow the prompt:
- Give your episode a Title.
- Select the episode Type (Episode, Bonus, or Trailer).
- Optionally add the episode to a season or create a new season.
- Add a description of the episode for the Show notes.
- Upload your Audio file.
- Finally, indicate if your Episode contains explicit content.
- Click Add episode:
When you create a new episode, the publication status will default to “Unscheduled”.
To publish your Episode:
- Click the episode title to open it for editing.
- Locate the Publish settings on the right side of the editor.
- Click Schedule episode to select a publication date and time:
To view your Podcast Analytics:
- Click the Analytics tab from the top menu of your Podcast page.
The Podcast Analytics tab will display data for:
- Total Downloads.
- The Apps being used to stream your Podcast episodes.
- The Devices used to stream your episodes.
- Which Device Operating Systems are being used.
- Top Countries for your Downloads.
- The Top Ten episodes by Downloads:
Once you have published your first podcast episode, you can then set up the distribution of your podcast to different directories.
To set up Distribution:
- Click Distribution in the top menu of the podcasts page.
Here, you will find your Podcast RSS feed URL, which is a link that contains a summary of updates from your website.
To set up the distribution of your podcasts with different directories, you will need to provide the RSS feed link displayed here.
Because each directory has its own unique process for connection, Kajabi has provided the instructions for Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and Spotify. Follow the in-app instructions to connect to these directories:
Once you have successfully connected, Kajabi will then automatically add an icon link on your podcast page, allowing your customers to access your podcast via the directory:
Most other Podcast platforms pull from these three major platforms, which means that your podcast will most likely be available on any platform of your choosing!
For your Private Podcasts to be purchased or granted, they must first be connected to an Offer.
To connect your Podcast to an Offer:
- Open the Sales tab from your Dashboard.
- Select the Offers tab.
- Click +New Offer.
- Select the Title, the Podcast Product you would like to include in this Offer, the Payment type, and the Price of the Offer.
- Click Create:
Podcast Subscribers are the customers who have purchased or have been granted your Product. When you click the Subscribers tab on the Podcast Product Page, you will be taken to a custom segment in your Contacts tab:
Follow our guide to learn more about managing your segmented contacts in the Contacts tab.
And that's how to create and publish Podcast Products! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!