Podcasts are an excellent way to share information with the world, letting your audience in on conversations they wouldn’t normally have access to in their everyday life. In this guide, learn how to create, manage, and publish your podcast!
In this article:
- Creating your Podcast in Kajabi
- Editing the Details
- Creating an Episode
- View Analytics (Beta)
Creating your Podcast in Kajabi
- Opening the Product tab from the dashboard
- Select Podcast.
Importing your Podcast
If you already have a published podcast, importing your Podcast into is a quick and easy way to bring your created content onto Kajabi.
- Click Import Podcast.
- Follow the prompt by pasting your RSS feed link.
- Confirm what Kajabi has found by clicking Import podcast
- Kajabi will then import and organize your Podcast:
Creating a New Podcast from Scratch
- Click New Podcast.
- Choose if you would like to make your Podcast public or private:
Public Podcasts are accessible to everyone.
Private Podcasts will be private to only those who have purchased or have been granted an Offer connected to your podcast product
- Follow the prompt by giving your new podcast product a:
Description of your Podcast.
- Lastly, choose whether you would like your Podcast to in episodic or serial order.
Episodic will order your Podcast episodes from the most recently made.
Serial will order your podcast episodes from oldest to newest and will be split up by seasons
- Click Create New Podcast:
Editing the Details
To edit your Podcast Details,
- Click the Edit Details tab in the top Menu of your Podcast's page.
- Owner Email
- Thumbnail Image
- Select if the Podcast contains explicit content
- And disable episodes from being downloaded
In the podcast categories section, select the three categories that best fit the description of your Podcasts' content. Selecting categories will help with discoverability
In the Page customization section, you can select Primary and Accent colors to customize the look of your Podcast page to better match your branding.
Primary Color applies to the audio player and page buttons.
Accent Color applies to the header background:
Creating an Episode
- To create an Episode click Create Episode
- Next, follow the prompt:
- give your episode a Title.
- Select the episode Type between Episode, Bonus, or Trailer.
- Add the episode to a season or create a new season.
- Add a description of the episode
- Add a thumbnail image.
- Select whether or not the Episode has explicit language.
- Click Add episode.
To View your Podcasts Analytics:
- Click the Analytics tab from the top menu of your Podcast's page.
The Podcast Analytics tab will display data for:
- Total Downloads.
- The Apps are being used to stream your Podcast episodes.
- The Devices that are being used to stream your episodes.
- Which Device Operating Systems are being used to stream your episodes.
- Top Countries.
- Top Ten episodes by Downloads
And preview your podcast page from the perspective of your audience.
Once you have published your first podcast episode, you can then set up the distribution of your podcast to different directories.
To set up Distribution:
- Click Distribution in the top menu of the podcasts page.
Here, you will find your Podcast RSS feed link, which is a link that contains a summary of updates from your website.
To set up the distribution of your podcasts with different directories, you will need to provide the RSS feed link that kajabi has offered.
Because each directory has its own unique process for connection, kajabi has provided the instructions for Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and Spotify. Follow these instructions to connect to these directories.
Once you have successfully connected, Kajabi will then automatically add an icon link on your podcast's page, allowing your members to access your podcast via the directory.
Most Podcast platforms pull from these three major platforms, which means that your podcast will most likely be available on any platform of your choosing!
In order for your Private Podcasts to be purchased or granted, they must first be connected to an Offer.
To connect your Podcast to an Offer:
- Open the Sales tab from your Dashboard.
- Select the Offers tab.
- Click +New Offer.
- Select the Title and the Podcast Product you would like to include in this Offer, as well as the price of the Offer:
Podcast Subscribers are the members who have purchased or have been granted your Product. When clicking the Subscribers tab from the Podcast Product Page, you will be taken to a custom segment in the People tab.
Follow our guide to learn more about managing your segmented contacts in the People tab.