Add your branding and customize your business information when your community members receive email notifications about your Community. Choose which types of email notifications your members will and won't receive.
In this article:
Manage your members’ email notifications to notify them about their Circles, Challenges, Meetups, Live Rooms, and Announcements.
To enable or disable each type of member email notifications:
- Open your Community.
- Click Settings.
- Select Email Notifications.
- On the “Email controls” tab, click each toggle on or off as desired to enable or disable notification emails for Circles, Challenges, Meetups, Live Rooms, and Announcements. A black toggle means that a setting is on, and a gray toggle means that a setting is off:
When you toggle on email notifications for a Community feature, you’ll see additional settings options giving you more granular control over which types of notifications to enable or disable within that feature.
For Circles, enable or disable email notifications for:
- Circle Message Replies. Send an email when someone replies to another person’s Circle message.
- Direct Message. Send an email when someone sends another person a direct message.
- Circle Message Mention. Send an email when someone’s name gets mentioned in a Circle.
For Challenges, enable or disable email notifications for:
- Challenge Ended - Leader. Send an email to the community leader when a Challenge ends.
- Challenge Entry Submitted - Mentions. Send an email to the mentioned user when they are mentioned in a Challenge entry.
- Challenge Entry - Hype Up. Send an email to someone when they are “hyped up” by another member.
- Challenge Entry Comment - Direct. Send an email to someone when they receive a comment on their Challenge entry.
- Challenge Entry Comment - Mentions. Send an email to someone when they are mentioned in a Challenge entry.
For Meetups, enable or disable email notifications for:
- Reminder Email Day 1. Send a reminder 1 day before the start date.
- Meetup Starting. Send a reminder when the Meetup is starting.
For the Live Room, enable or disable email notifications for:
- Leader Goes LIVE. Send an email when you go live! Includes a link to join the live event.
- Recording Available - Leader. Receive an email when your recording is available.
- Recording Available - Member. Send an email to members when the recording is available.
For Announcements, enable or disable email notifications for:
- Global announcement. Send an email to all members when a global Announcement is created.
- Circle announcement. Send an email to Circle members when an Announcement is created in the Circle.
To enable or disable the granular email notification settings:
- Use the checkbox to the left of each email notification setting to turn it on or off. A black checkbox means that a setting is on, and a white checkbox means that a setting is off.
- When you’re done adjusting your settings, click Save to apply your changes:
Select the “Email Customization” tab in your Email Notifications settings to update the branding and footer information that appears on your Community email notifications:
Example email notification:
Example email notification footer:
And that’s how you can customize the email notifications sent to your community members! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!