Learn how to update your Kajabi Payments Statement Descriptor.
In this article:
- What is a Statement Descriptor?
- How to view your current Statement Descriptor with Kajabi Payments
- How to update your Statement Descriptor for Kajabi Payments
- Statement Descriptor requirements
What is a Statement Descriptor?
Statement Descriptor refers to the line of text that appears on your customer’s bank or credit card statements. Using clear and accurate statement descriptors can reduce chargebacks and disputes. If your customer does not recognize the charge or is confused by the wording, a chargeback or dispute is likely to occur.
Here are some tips for crafting a statement descriptor to help prevent chargebacks:
Simple is best!
Keep your statement descriptor simple and easy to read. Remember, not confusing your customer is the ultimate goal here!
Use your business name!
This is not only a great tool for Branding but also helps keep it simple. Your customers should be able to look at the statement descriptor and immediately know where that charge came from.
Include your Website name.
Again, Brand recognition is key here!
How to view your current Statement Descriptor with Kajabi Payments
By default, your Statement Descriptor is set as your Kajabi URL, however, with Kajabi Payments, you have the ability to customize the Statement Descriptor.
To view your current Statement Descriptor:
- Start by navigating to your Settings.
- Listed under your Site Settings, click on Customer Payments.
- Scroll down to the Statement Descriptor section and there you will see what your current Statment Descriptor is and how it will reflect on your customers’ bank and credit card statements:
How to update your Statement Descriptor for Kajabi Payments
Your Statement Descriptor can now be edited from Settings!
To edit your Statement Descriptor:
- Navigate to Settings from your Kajabi Dashboard.
- Then, click Customer Payouts.
- Enter a new Statement Descriptor in the statement descriptor field.
- Remember to click Save to save your changes:
Statement Descriptor requirements
A complete statement descriptor—either a single static descriptor or the combination of a prefix and suffix—must meet the following requirements:
- Contains only Latin characters.
- Contains between 5 and 22 characters, inclusive.
- Contains at least one letter (if using a prefix and a suffix, both require at least one letter).
- Doesn’t contain any of the following special characters: <, >, \, ' " *.
- Reflects your Doing Business As (DBA) name.
- Contains more than a single common term or common website URL. A website URL only is acceptable if it provides a clear and accurate description of a transaction on a customer’s statement.
And that’s Kajabi Payments Statement Descriptor! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!