Kajabi Analytics offers essential data to help you run your online business. Integrate with Google Analytics to get even more data, like where your website traffic is coming from, where your page visitors are located, what their online behavior and conversions look like, and more.
In this article:
- Connect Google Analytics with Kajabi
- Understanding the differences between Google Analytics and Kajabi Analytics
- Additional resources
Connect Google Analytics with Kajabi
Step 1. Create a universal analytics tracking ID
To connect Google Analytics to Kajabi, you'll first need to set up your Google Analytics account and create a universal analytics (UA) tracking ID:
- Log into your Google Analytics dashboard at analytics.google.com.
- Click the "Start measuring" button.
- Enter your desired account name in the Account name field.
- Adjust your data sharing settings as desired and click Next.
- Enter your desired analytics property name in the Property name field.
- Then, select the Show advanced options link.
- Click the toggle on to Create a Universal Analytics property.
- Enter your Website URL and click Next.
- Input your basic business information and click Create.
- Follow the prompt to accept the Terms of Service:
Step 2. Copy your Google Analytics UA tracking ID
- Navigate to the top left of your Google Analytics dashboard and click All accounts.
- Locate your account name in the Analytics Account column.
- Then, locate your property in the Properties & Apps column.
- Your universal analytics (UA) tracking ID will begin with the letters "UA".
- Copy your UA Tracking ID:
Step 3. Paste your UA tracking ID into Kajabi
- Navigate to your Kajabi Dashboard.
- Click Settings at the bottom of the left sidebar.
- Then, click Third Party Integrations.
- Scroll down to Google Analytics and click the toggle On.
- Paste your universal analytics (UA) tracking ID into the Google Analytics ID field.
- Click Save to keep and apply your changes:
Understanding the differences between Google Analytics and Kajabi Analytics
Why are there differences between Google Analytics and Kajabi Analytics?
While both analytics work similarly, some discrepancies are to be expected when comparing statistics from different tracking services on account of differences in how the tracking cookies are configured.
For example, let's say you refresh a web page multiple times with a few seconds in between each refresh. Depending on how they're configured, one tracker might count each page refresh as a unique page view while another tracker might count the entire event as a single page view.
See below for more information on Google Analytics and Kajabi Analytics.
Refer to Google's documentation for complete information on the functionality of Google Analytics.
Unique views are counted per unique person, computer, or mobile device that viewed the page. If the same person/device views the page more than once, it won't be counted as a Unique View.
On Kajabi, Views are the total number of times the page is viewed. This includes multiple visits by the same person, including page refreshes.
Additional support for Google Analytics is available for those with advanced knowledge of cross-domain tracking and UTM Parameters.
- Read Google's Support Guide for details on using Google Tag Manager for cross-domain tracking.
- Read Google's Guide on How to Deploy Google Analytics with Tag Manager for more details.
- After obtaining your Tag Manager code, track purchases by inputting it into the Checkout Settings of your Kajabi account.
- Input your Tag Manager code in your site's page scripts.
- With the Kajabi Pro plan, learn to access the code editor for your site to add your Tag Manager code to specific pages.
Create UTM Parameters for your links with the Google Analytics URL Builder
- Read Google's Support Guide to learn how to generate custom campaign parameters for your URLs.
- Generate your URL with Google's URL Builder.
Google GA4 tag
- Kajabi now supports GA4 integration! Please go here to learn more.
And that’s how you can connect Google Analytics with Kajabi! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!