Kajabi Analytics offers essential data to help you run your online business. Integrate with Google Analytics to get even more data, such as: where your traffic is coming in from, where they are located, their online behavior, conversions, and much more.
In this article:
- Connect Google Analytics with Kajabi
- Understanding discrepancies between Google Analytics and Kajabi Analytics
- Additional resources
Connect Google Analytics
Step 1. Enable the universal analytics tracking ID
To connect Google Analytics to Kajabi, you will need to enable the universal analytics tracking ID in your Google Analytics account:
- Go to your Google Analytics dashboard at analytics.google.com.
- Navigate to the lower-left corner and click Admin.
- Create a property and click Show advanced options.
- Toggle on the Create a Universal Analytics property option.
- Finish creating your property and exit the create a property page.
Step 2. Copy your Google Analytics Tracking ID:
- Navigate to the left sidebar.
- Click the dropdown list arrow directly below the Create Property button to expand the list.
- Select the name of your created property.
- Then, open the Tracking Info tab.
- Click Tracking Code.
- Copy the Tracking ID from the top left corner:
Step 3. Paste your tracking ID into Kajabi's Google Analytics connector
- Navigate back to your Kajabi Dashboard.
- Open the Settings tab in the bottom left corner of your Dashboard.
- Click on the Third-Party Integrations tab.
- Scroll down and find the Google Analytics tool and click the toggle On.
- Once you have switched it On insert your Tracking ID Number.
- Click Save.
Understanding discrepancies between Google Analytics and Kajabi Analytics
Why are there differences between Google Analytics and Kajabi Analytics?
Although both analytics work similarly, slight discrepancies are expected when comparing tracking statistics of different services.
This is due to differences in how the tracking cookies are configured.
A great example of how different trackers may count page views is if you were to refresh a page multiple times with a few seconds in between. Depending on how the tracker is configured, each page refresh may be counted as a unique page view whereas another tracker may count it as just one single page view.
See below for more information on Google and Kajabi Analytics behavior:
Google Analytics behavior:
Refer to Google's documentation for complete information on Google Analytics behavior.
Kajabi Analytics behavior:
Unique views are the count per unique person, computer, or mobile device who viewed the page. If the same person viewed the page, it will be not counted as a Unique View.
On Kajabi, views are the total number of times the page is viewed. This includes multiple visits by the same person, including page refreshes.
Access additional support guides for Google Analytics for those with advanced knowledge of cross-domain tracking and UTM Parameters.
- Read Google's Support Guide for details on using Google Tag Manager for cross-domain tracking.
- Read Google's Guide on How to Deploy Google Analytics with Tag Manager for more details.
- After obtaining your Tag Manager code, track purchases by inputting it into the Checkout Settings of your Kajabi account.
- Input your Tag Manager code to your site's page scripts.
- With the Kajabi Pro plan, learn to access the code editor of your site to add your Tag Manager code to specific pages.
Create UTM Parameters for your links with Google Analytics URL Builder
- Read Google's Support Guide to learn to generate custom campaign parameters for your URLs.
- Generate your URL with Google's URL Builder.
Google GA4 tag
- Beginning July 1st, 2023, Google will no longer support Universal Analytics tags and will only support their new GA4 tag. Currently, Kajabi does not offer GA4 tag integration but will offer GA4 tag integration around July 2023.