Learn to add an Exit Pop Up to your custom landing pages built with Kajabi Pages to encourage your visitors to take action before they disengage from your page.
In this article:
What is an Exit Pop Up?
When someone visits your site for the first time, how can you encourage them to return? One proven, effective method is to build your email list.
An Exit Popup can help you do just that by appearing your page visitor's screen when they attempt to leave your site. On this popup, you can include a message, an email opt-in, a coupon code, and more.
Enabling an Exit Pop Up will display your customized Exit Pop Up when a visitor shows intent to leave the page. On Desktop devices, intent to leave the page is shown when your user's mouse passes the line between the Page and the URL address bar in your visitor's browser:
If your page is viewed on Mobile Devices, the Exit Pop Up will only appear if you have the Exit Pop Up Time Reveal Settings set up (this feature is only available when creating custom Pages on the Website tab and not your standard Website Pages).
How to Enable the Exit Popup
- Open the Website tab from the Dashboard.
- Click Pages and select the Page you wish to edit or create a new page.
- Click Customize.
- Navigate to the sidebar panel in the Theme Editor.
- Click Exit Popup.
- Check Edit Exit Popup to preview your Exit Popup while editing.
- Check Enable Exit Popup to enable the Exit Popup on your custom landing page:
Customizing your Exit Pop up
Customize the blocks, behavior, and appearance of your Exit Popup.
Add Content Blocks to your Popup:
- In the sidebar, click Add Content.
- Select your Content Block.
- Rearrange your blocks by holding the
=and dragging to your desired location.
- Click Save to keep your changes.
Exit Pop Up Content Blocks
Add Content Blocks to build your Exit Popup. Click each Block to learn more about their block settings.
Edit the behavior and layout of your Exit Popup by configuring the Exit Popup Section Settings.
Exit Popup Settings
Customize the Frequency of the Popup to only showing the Popup to returning visitors after a selected amount of days.
Because the Exit Popup is cookie-based, the most an Exit Popup will appear is once per day when viewing from the same device unless the cookies are cleared every time. If you want your Exit Popup to appear regardless of how often your visitor attempts to leave the page we recommend setting your Exit Popup Frequency to 1 to be triggered every 24 hours.
Customize the Timed Reveal to have the popup show after the visitor has viewed your page for a selected number of seconds.
The Popup will show on intent to exit the page or when the timer finishes, whichever occurs first. On mobile devices, the Exit Popup will only appear if your Timed Reveal for the Exit Popup is set up.
- Customize your Popup Background Color.
- Configure the Vertical and Horizontal alignment of your blocks in the section.
- Check Make Container Flush to remove the padding surrounding the blocks in the Exit Popup.