Learn to add an Exit Pop Up to your pages to encourage your visitors to take action before they disengage from your page.
In this article:
What is an Exit Pop Up?
When someone visits your site for the first time, how can you encourage them to return?
One proven, effective method is to build your email list.
An Exit Pop Up can help you do just that by appearing on your page visitor's screen when they attempt to leave your site.
On this popup, you can include a message, an email opt-in, a coupon code, and more.
Enabling an Exit Pop Up will display your customized Exit Pop Up when a visitor shows intent to leave the page.
On desktop devices, intent to leave the page is shown when your user's mouse passes the line between the page and the URL address bar in their browser:
If your page is viewed on mobile devices, the Exit Pop Up will only appear if you have the Exit Pop Up Time Reveal Settings set up.
How to enable the Exit Pop Up
- Open the Website tab from the Dashboard.
- Select the Pages tab.
- Open the page editor for your Page. Learn more
- Navigate to the sidebar panel in the Editor.
- Click Exit Popup.
- Check Edit Exit Popup to preview your Exit Popup while editing.
- Check Enable Exit Popup to enable the Exit Popup on your custom landing page:
Customizing your Exit Pop Up
Customize the blocks, behavior, and appearance of your Exit Popup.
Add Content Blocks to your Popup:
- In the sidebar, click Add Content:
- Select your Content Block.
- Rearrange your blocks by holding the
=icon and dragging to your desired location.
- Click Save to keep your changes.
Exit Pop Up Content Blocks
Add Content Blocks to build your Exit Pop Up. Click each Block to learn more about its settings.
Edit the behavior and layout of your Exit Pop Up by configuring the Exit Pop Up Section Settings.
Exit Pop Up Settings
Customize the frequency of the popup to only show the popup to returning visitors after a selected amount of days.
Because the Exit Pop Up is cookie-based, the most it will appear is once per day when viewed from the same device, unless the cookies are cleared every time. If you want your Exit Pop Up to appear regardless of how often your visitor attempts to leave the page, we recommend setting your Exit Pop Up Frequency to 1 to be triggered every 24 hours.
Customize the Timed Reveal to have the popup show after the visitor has viewed your page for a selected number of seconds.
The popup will show on intent to exit the page or when the timer finishes, whichever occurs first. On mobile devices, the Exit Pop Up will only appear if your Timed Reveal for the Exit Popup is set up.
- Customize your Popup Background Color.
- Configure the Vertical and Horizontal alignment of your blocks in the section.
- Check Make Container Flush to remove the padding surrounding the blocks in the Exit Pop Up:
And that's how to use the Exit Pop Up! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!