Learn to add a Text Block to your page to communicate with your visitors, market your content, and describe your value.
In this article:
Adding a text block
- Open the Website tab from the Dashboard.
- Select the Pages tab.
- Open the page editor for your Page. Learn more
- Click the Section you want to edit or create a new Section.
- In the sidebar, click Add Content.
- From the list, select Text.
- Your newly created Text Block will generate at the bottom of the Section.
- Click Save to keep your changes:
Customizing your text block
In a Text Block, customize the:
In the sidebar Text Editor, you have the ability to customize multiple features of your Text content.
AI Content Assistant
Enter a prompt in the content assistant to use Artificial Intelligence to generate a first draft of your text content:
Learn how to use the AI content assistant.
Access your Text source code to manually modify the HTML code for your page:
Undo & Redo
Click the Back Arrow to undo your last edit and the Forward Arrow to redo the change:
Customize your Text appearance by adjusting the Format settings:
- Select your chosen Heading Size to change the font size of your highlighted Text. Use this feature with the Style Guide Font Sizes in your Page Settings.
- Select your Inline setting to change the Text Appearance (e.g., Bold, Italic, Underline, Strikethrough, Superscript, Subscript, and Code).
- Select your desired Blocks to adjust the appearance of your highlighted Text (e.g., Paragraph, Blockquote, Div, and Pre).
- Select your Text Alignment for your highlighted Text (e.g., Left, Center, Right, and Justify):
Customize the appearance of your highlighted Text by making it bold, italicized, or strikethrough:
Highlight sections of your Text or your entire Text to customize its color:
Learn how to customize your text editor color picker.
Insert a horizontal line in your Text content to break up your Text:
Format your Text into an ordered or unordered list:
Highlight your Text and click the Clear Formatting button to remove all of the formatting that has been applied:
If you don’t see the Clear Formatting button, go to Settings > Labs and toggle off Page & Email Builder:
Increase or decrease the indentation of your Text:
Insert a clickable URL in your Text to link to a different web page or section:
Creating hyperlinked Text prompts you to enter:
- full URL of the page you wish to link (example: https://kajabi.com)
- Text to display with the link formatting applied
- title of your link
- Target (New Window: open in a new browser window, or None: open in the current browser window)
Click to maximize the size of the Text Editor to better view your edits, then click again to minimize the Text Editor back to the sidebar:
To adjust the look and feel of the Block, customize your Block Settings:
Call To Action
If you choose to include a Call to Action button in your Text Block, choose to:
- Go to a Landing Page
- Go to a Checkout Page
- Download a File
- Go to a URL
- Open a two step opt-in popup
- Go to a section on this page
Learn more about customizing your Call to Action Settings.
- Enable Drop Cap: Enabling Drop Cap enlarges the first letter of the first paragraph in the body of your Text.
- Drop Cap Color: Selecting a Drop Cap Color assigns a color to the enlarged first letter of the first paragraph.
And that's how to add a Text Block to your page! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!