Learn about your Section Background Settings to further customize and brand your page.
In this article:
Accessing your Section Background Settings
Access your Section Background Settings to customize the visual appearance and behavior of each Section on your page:
- Open the Website tab from the Dashboard.
- Click Pages.
- Select the Page you wish to customize.
- Click Customize to open the Theme Editor.
- Navigate to the sidebar editor and select the Section you wish to customize.
- Scroll to your selected Section Settings.
- Click Background:
Section Background Settings
With your Section Background Settings, further customize your page by:
- uploading an image or video as the Section Background,
- adjusting the position of your image,
- selecting the image behavior to stay fixed on scroll when viewed on a Desktop,
- and/or select a background color.
As you customize your Section Background Settings, keep in mind that your Sections and Blocks are built to dynamically adjust when viewed on desktop and mobile devices to optimize your user's experience with your page regardless of what device they use.Learn to customize your Section Layout Settings and Block layout Settings to create beautiful pages for any device.
Background Media Type
Selecting a Background Media Type from the dropdown menu will pull from the media uploaded in the corresponding media type. For example, selecting Image from the Background Media Type dropdown menu will display the image you upload into the Background Image setting:
If you have not uploaded an Image or Video, selecting the Media Type will not change. Be sure to upload your Image or Video and select the Media Type to display your desired Background in the Section.
Background Media Types:
Background Image Position
If you selected Image as your Background Media Type, you can choose to reposition the vertical position of the background Image in your Section:
Fixed Background Image
Checking and unchecking Fixed Background Image will change the behavior of your image in relation to the Blocks in the Section.
As your users scroll through the Section, a Fixed Background Image will cause your Blocks to scroll over your static (or fixed) Background Image:
Customize your Section Background Color:
- Create a solid background (without the use of an Image or Video)
- Or create an overlay for your uploaded background media type.
If you wish to display a Media Type (Image or Video) in the background of your Section, you must adjust the overlay color to transparent.
Use the horizontal slider in the Color Tool to adjust the overlay color: