Learn to create and set up digital products and services with Products.
In this article:
Products on Kajabi
Products on Kajabi are digital products and services delivered online. Although Products are commonly used for online courses they can be used for various purposes:
- Live events
- Community spaces
- Survey areas
- Resource center
Begin creating your Products in Kajabi and discover how you can best utilize this tab to accomplish your vision.
We recommend configuring your Site Details Settings to set up the basic information for your site to save you time and effort when building your Product including:
Completing the Instructor section will generate your Instructor information across all the Products you create.
- Open the Settings tab from the Dashboard.
- Click Site Details.
- Navigate down to the Instructor text box and complete the field.
- Click Save to keep your changes:
Create your Product
Opening the Products tab will bring you to the Product Dashboard.
Product Dashboard contains all the products you have created to easily access and edit existing Products. Additionally, create new products from the Product Dashboard.
Create a new Product
- Open the Products tab from the Dashboard.
- Navigate to the top right corner.
- Click + New Product.
- Select a Product Blueprint and click Generate:
Product Blueprints provide a starting point and structure for your product.
Product Posts and Categories
Remember, the content in your Product is organized in Categories and Posts:
- A Post can be thought of as a lesson in your Product. Learn to create a Product Post.
- A Category is an organizational tool that can be used to collect Posts under a similar heading much like a heading topic or a chapter of a book. Learn to create a Category.
Read our full article Product Post and Product Category Overview to learn more about Product Posts and Product Categories.
Product Delivery Settings
Specific product delivery settings will determine how and when your customers access your content.
- Draft and Published can be used to adjust the visibility of a specific Post or Category in your Product. Generating a new Category will always default your Category and Posts to Draft to keep your changes in draft mode until you are ready for your Members to view and access your newly created Categories and Posts.
- Lock encourages your Members to complete a specific Post before moving on to the next Category. Your Members will be able to move on to your locked Category when the specified Post has been marked "complete".
- Drip is used to release content over time. Dripped content will be released by the specified number of days from your Member's access date.
Edit your Product Post
Upload media content to your Product Posts:
Product Posts can contain either a Video or an Assessment if desired. To include additional Videos or Assessments to your Products, create a new Post.
Looking to reorder your Posts and Categories? Learn more
Automations are powerful tools to help streamline and automate your business.
We will dive into Automations further in Foundations, but essentially Automations work with "When" triggers" and "Then" Actions. This means that the "Then" Action specified will occur when the "When" Trigger fires. Learn to add Automations to your Product.
Automations can be used in Products after a Product Post is completed (the "When" trigger) for a variety of actions:
- Grant an offer.
- Revoke an offer.
- Subscribe to an email sequence.
- Unsubscribe from an email sequence.
- Register to an event.
- Deregister from an event.
- Add a tag.
- Remove a tag.
- Send an email (considered a Transactional email).
- Send a single-use coupon.
Read the full guide Automations Overview to learn more about Automations in Kajabi.