Encourage your customers to complete your Course with locked content. Locking content in a Course Product requires your customers to mark a Lesson as completed before accessing the next Module.
In this article:
Kajabi gives you the tools to design your Course Product to release content according to your business needs.
Locking content can be accomplished by locking Modules or Submodules in a Course Product.
This ensures that your customers must first complete your specified Lesson to unlock the next Module or Submodule and gain access to the next section of content.
To unlock a locked Module, your customers must either:
- Click Complete in a Lesson
- Complete or pass an Assessment
What happens if a customer attempts to move on to the next Module before completing the Lesson?
If a customer attempts to move on to the locked Module or Submodule before completing your selected Lesson, they will encounter a "This Category is Locked" message:
The content of this message is not customizable. However, the language (English, Spanish, etc.) can be changed by updating the Language in your Site Details settings.
Assessments are great tools for surveying or testing your Course customers. With Assessments, you can require your customers to complete or pass your Assessment before unlocking the next Module.
Learn more about Assessments in Kajabi
If you choose to Lock a Module contingent on someone completing a Lesson containing an Assessment, your customers can gain access to the Locked Module by:
- Clicking Complete in the Lesson
- Completing and/or passing the Assessment
Learn to add an Assessment to your Course Product
Setting up locked content
- Open the Products tab from the Dashboard.
- Select an existing Course Product or create a new one.
- Click the visibility dropdown menu (Published, Draft, etc.) next to your Module or Submodule and select Lock.
- Choose the Lesson that will unlock the new content when marked as complete and click Lock:
And that's how to lock content in your Course Product! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!