Encourage your customers to complete your Course with locked content. Locking content in a Course Product requires your customers to complete or pass a Lesson, Quiz, or Assessment before accessing the next Module or Submodule.
In this article:
- Locking modules and submodules
- Locking contingent on completing or passing a quiz or assessment
- Setting up locked content
Locking modules and submodules
Kajabi gives you the tools to design your Course Product to release content according to your business needs.
Locking content can be accomplished by locking Modules or Submodules in a Course Product.
Ensure that your customers must first complete or pass your specified Lesson, Quiz, or Assessment to unlock the next Module or Submodule and gain access to the next section of content.
To unlock a locked Module or Submodule, your customers must either:
What happens if a customer attempts to move on to the locked Module before completing the required content?
If a customer attempts to move on to the Lesson content inside the locked Module or Submodule before completing or passing your selected Lesson, Quiz, or Assessment, they will encounter a "This Post is Locked" message:
The content of this message is not customizable. However, the language (English, Spanish, etc.) can be changed by updating the Language in your Site Details settings.
Locking contingent on completing or passing a quiz or assessment
Quizzes and Assessments are great tools for surveying or testing your Course customers. You can require your customers to complete or pass your Quiz or Assessment before unlocking the next Module or Submodule.
If you want to Lock a Module or Submodule contingent on someone completing a Quiz (regardless of whether the Quiz was passed, failed, or non-graded), simply select the title of your Quiz from the Locked by lesson dropdown menu when you set up your locked content.
If you want to Lock a Module or Submodule contingent on someone passing a Quiz for which you’ve set a passing grade:
- Select the title of your Quiz from the Locked by lesson dropdown menu when you set up your locked content.
- Make sure Set a passing grade is toggled on in your Quiz Settings and the Prevent member from moving to next lesson without a passing grade checkbox is marked.
Learn more about customizing your Quiz Settings.
If you choose to Lock a Module or Submodule contingent on someone completing a Lesson containing an Assessment, your customers can gain access to the Locked Module by:
- Clicking Complete in the Lesson (see important "Tip" below)
- Completing and/or passing the Assessment
Setting up locked content
- Open the Products tab from the Dashboard.
- Select an existing Course Product or create a new one.
- Click the visibility status dropdown menu (Published, Draft, etc.) next to your Module or Submodule and select Lock.
- Choose the title of the Lesson or Quiz that will unlock the new content when passed or marked as complete and click Lock:
And that's how to lock content in your Course Product! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!