Zapier is an online automation tool that allows you to connect two or more applications to automate repetitive tasks without coding or relying on developers to build an integration. If you encounter issues while creating an integration between Kajabi and Zapier, refer to this troubleshooting guide.
In this article:
- Troubleshooting Zapier + Kajabi flow chart
- Zapier field errors
- Common Zapier error messages
- Data retrieval issues
- Offer Grant Confirmation Email isn't sending
Troubleshooting Zapier + Kajabi flow chart
Zapier field errors
When creating an integration between Kajabi and Zapier, you may encounter the following field errors:
- is invalid: The email being used is likely invalid
- Find Data (error): Zapier may be unable to pull sample data.
- Required field “Member Name” (name) is missing.
- Required field “Email” (email) is missing.
- Required field “External User ID” (externaluserid) is missing.
Often, the solution to resolving field errors is to verify the name, email, and externaluserid are all included on the Zap. Confirm the email address used is valid.
Common Zapier error messages
The following is a list of the checkout error messages you may encounter. Click to learn more about each error:
uoffer: uhas already been granted to this member
* the u before "offer" and "has" is there on the actual error *
This means the user already owns the Offer being granted. Offers can only be granted once per user. In other words, an existing userusing the externaluserid used on the zap, already owns the Offer being granted
- Make sure that the existing user is using the same externaluserid and email as the zap.
- Edit the externaluserid of the existing user or change the externaluserid on the zap
uemail: uis already taken
* the u before "email" and "is" is there on the actual error *
This means there is an existing user in the system using the same email but is using a different external ID (different from the external ID used in the Zap).
- Make sure that your Zaps are set up in a way where the external user ID will be unique for each individual user. Make sure that the existing user is using the same externaluserid and email as the Zap.
Data retrieval issues
Zapier may be unable to pull sample data from the apps you wish to integrate. If you are unable to pull sample data go ahead and skip the test. Preview the sample data later in the flow.
Before integration, be sure to have at least one purchase, form submitted, or assessment completed on your site depending on the connection you wish to create with Kajabi and Zapier. This will enable Zapier to pull sample data from your site to test the connection.
If you are still having trouble retrieving data, try the steps below:
- Clear your browser's cache. Here are a few commonly used browsers and their support guides on how to clear their browser cache:
- Try using an alternate browser to help isolate the issue (e.i. if you are using Safari, try using Google Chrome).
Offer Grant Confirmation email isn't sending
Have a Zap set up to automatically grant an Offer on Kajabi after an action takes place in a separate application? Are you having trouble getting the Offer Grant Confirmation email to send?
For example, you may have a Zap that grants an Offer in Kajabi when a product is purchased on a third-party platform like ThriveCart, but the Offer Grant Confirmation is not sending.
Double-check that the Zap has the "Send Offer Grant Email?" setting for Kajabi set to "Yes".
The "Send Offer Grant Email?" setting is located in your Zap configuration in Zapier, in the Action portion of the Zap:
Still having trouble? Take a screenshot or screen recording of the issue you are experiencing and Contact Support. We are more than happy to help!