In this article, we cover what happens when you of detach your Stripe and PayPal accounts. If you wish to detach your Stripe and/or PayPal accounts from Kajabi, please follow our instructions in the guide below.
In this article:
- Detaching Stripe
- Detaching PayPal for upgraded accounts
- What happens if you detach your PayPal account that hasn't been upgraded from Kajabi?
- Request a detachment for a PayPal account that has not been upgraded and has transactions
What happens when you detach Stripe from Kajabi?
- Detaching a Stripe account from Kajabi will allow you to integrate with another Stripe account.
- All payment records and analytics from detached Stripe integrations will remain visible in Kajabi.
- Existing coupons will function and will be recreated in the new Stripe integration.
- After detaching a Stripe account, the detached Stripe account will no longer accept new payments. However, Kajabi will continue to listen for updates to past payments and subscriptions.
- Refunds, cancellations, and pausing/resuming actions can still be done from Kajabi for a detached Stripe account.
- All automations will continue to trigger for purchases that were made through the detached Stripe account.
- If your customer has an active subscription from a payment processor that you have detached from Kajabi, the Billing Info section in their customer portal will not be visible or accessible. Your customers will no longer have the ability to cancel or update their cards if their active subscription was processed through a detached payment processor (i.e., detached PayPal or Stripe). Instead, you will need to manually cancel or remove their cards from Kajabi or Stripe.
To detach your Stripe account from Kajabi:
- Open the Settings tab from your Dashboard.
- Select Third Party Integrations
- Click View details from the Stripe card.
- Click Detach Stripe Integration.
- Then, confirm your desire to disconnect your Stripe account by completing the prompt and selecting Delete Stripe Integration:
Detaching PayPal for upgraded accounts
If you wish to move forward with the detachment, you can manually disconnect your PayPal account from Kajabi.
To detach your PayPal account from Kajabi:
- Sign into your connected PayPal account.
- Go to Account Settings:
- Navigate to Account Access:
- Click Change next to "Log in with PayPal".
- Then, click Delete for the option tied to Kajabi:
What happens if you detach your PayPal account that hasn't been upgraded from Kajabi?
Please consider your detachment request carefully with the following points in mind:
- Refunds for purchases made under the current PayPal account will no longer be able to process once detached.
- Subscription-based Offers will disconnect from Kajabi and any updates or changes will not reflect in Kajabi. However, subscription payments will continue and be reflected in your PayPal account. Be sure to prepare your customers' future payments before detaching PayPal from Kajabi.
- Coupons created in Kajabi will disconnect and will no longer function properly.
- All purchases made through Affiliates under the current PayPal account will no longer be tracked.
- All payment records and analytics (i.e., Sales) from detached PayPal integrations will no longer be visible in Kajabi.
- Once detached, the same PayPal account cannot be reconnected back to the Kajabi site.
If you have upgraded your PayPal account, none of the above disclaimers will apply to you.
Learn more about How to Upgrade Your PayPal Account.
Request a detachment for a PayPal account that has not been upgraded and has transactions
If you wish to move forward with the detachment process, please reach out to our Support team.
To proceed with the detachment process we require the following information to be copied and completed in your request to our Support team:
I have read the disclaimers listed in the Kajabi Help Center article, Detaching a PayPal account that hasn't been upgraded, and I agree to continue with the payment processor detachment with this information in mind. Here are the details of my request:
- What is your Site URL?
- What is your Site Title?
- What is your Reason for Detachment?
- Are you the Account Owner?
- What is your Contact Email?
To proceed with the detachment process, our Support Team must receive confirmation that you understand the ramifications of this action as listed above, and you must be the Account Owner.
And that’s how you can detach Stripe and PayPal from Kajabi! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!