Detaching your Stripe and/or Paypal accounts can put you in a sticky situation if you are not aware of what's at stake. In this article, we cover the consequences of detaching your accounts. If you still wish to detach your Stripe and/or PayPal accounts from Kajabi, please follow our instructions in the guide below!
In this article:
- What happens if you detach your Stripe and Paypal accounts from Kajabi?
- Detaching Stripe with no transactions
- Request detachment
What happens if you detach your Stripe and PayPal accounts from Kajabi?
Please consider your detachment request carefully with the following points in mind:
- Refunds for purchases made under the current Stripe/PayPal account will no longer be able to process.
- Subscription-based Offers will disconnect from Kajabi and any updates or changes will not reflect on Kajabi. However, continued payments will remain in your Stripe or PayPal account. Be sure to prepare your members' future payments before detaching Stripe or PayPal from Kajabi.
- Coupons created in Kajabi will disconnect and will no longer function properly.
- All purchases made through Affiliates under the current Stripe/PayPal account will no longer be tracked.
- All stats (i.e., Sales) made under the current Stripe/PayPal account will be removed.
- The same Stripe account cannot be reconnected back to the Kajabi site.
Detaching Stripe with no transactions
If you do not have any transactions or coupons created on your account and you wish to move forward with the detachment after carefully considering the points mentioned above, you can disconnect your Stripe account directly from your Kajabi account.
To detach your Stripe account from Kajabi:
- Open the Settings tab from your Dashboard.
- Select Payment Integrations.
- Click View details from the Stripe card.
- If you have not processed any transactions through your Stripe account, click Disconnect Stripe.
- Then, confirm your desire to disconnect your Stripe account by clicking Disconnect.
Request detachment with transactions
If your Stripe or PayPal account has transactions or coupons associated with your account and you wish to move forward with the detachment process after carefully considering the points mentioned above, please reach out to our Support team to proceed with the detachment process with the following information included in your request:
- Are you detaching Stripe, PayPal, or both?
- What is your Site URL?
- What is your Site Title?
- What is your Reason for Detachment?
- Are you the Account Owner?
- What is your Contact Email?
To proceed with the detachment process, our Billing Team must receive confirmation that you understand the ramifications of this action as listed above.