Detaching your Stripe and/or Paypal accounts can put you in a sticky situation if you are not aware of what's at stake. In this article, we cover the consequences of detaching your accounts. If you still wish to detach your Stripe and/or PayPal accounts from Kajabi, please follow our instructions in the guide below!
In this article:
- What happens if you detach your Stripe and Paypal accounts from Kajabi?
- Detaching Stripe with no transactions
- Request Stripe detachment with transactions
- Detaching PayPal
What happens if you detach your Stripe and PayPal accounts from Kajabi?
Please consider your detachment request carefully with the following points in mind:
- Refunds for purchases made under the current Stripe/PayPal account will no longer be able to process.
- Subscription-based Offers will disconnect from Kajabi and any updates or changes will not reflect on Kajabi. However, continued payments will remain in your Stripe or PayPal account. Be sure to prepare your members' future payments before detaching Stripe or PayPal from Kajabi.
- Coupons created in Kajabi will disconnect and will no longer function properly.
- All purchases made through Affiliates under the current Stripe/PayPal account will no longer be tracked.
- All stats (i.e., Sales) made under the current Stripe/PayPal account will be removed.
Note: Stats displayed on your Offers page will not be removed or recalculated unless a new Offer purchase is made post-detachment.
- The same Stripe account cannot be reconnected back to the Kajabi site.
Detaching Stripe with no transactions
If you do not have any transactions or coupons created on your account and you wish to move forward with the detachment after carefully considering the points mentioned above, you can disconnect your Stripe account directly from your Kajabi account.
To detach your Stripe account from Kajabi:
- Open the Settings tab from your Dashboard.
- Select Payment Integrations.
- Click View details from the Stripe card.
- If you have not processed any transactions through your Stripe account, click Disconnect Stripe.
- Then, confirm your desire to disconnect your Stripe account by clicking Disconnect.
Request Stripe detachment with transactions
Proceed with the detachment process after carefully considering the following points:
- If you are the Account Owner,
- Your Stripe account has transactions or coupons associated with your account,
- You're requesting the detachment for your PayPal account.
If you wish to move forward with the detachment process and you meet the criteria above, please reach out to our Support team.
To proceed with the detachment process we require the following information to be copied and completed in your request to our Support team:
I have read the disclaimers listed in the Kajabi Help Center article, Detaching Stripe and PayPal From Kajabi, and I agree to continue with the payment processor detachment with this information in mind. Here are the details of my request:
- Are you detaching Stripe, PayPal, or both?
- What is your Site URL?
- What is your Site Title?
- What is your Reason for Detachment?
- Are you the Account Owner?
- What is your Contact Email?
To proceed with the detachment process, our Support Team must receive confirmation that you understand the ramifications of this action as listed above, and you must be the Account Owner.
If you wish to move forward with the detachment after carefully considering the points mentioned here, you can manually disconnect your PayPal account from Kajabi.
To detach your PayPal account from Kajabi:
- Sign into your connected PayPal account.
- Go to Account Settings:
- Navigate to Account Access:
- Click Change next to "Log in with PayPal".
- Then, click Delete for the option tied to Kajabi:
And that’s how you can detach Stripe and PayPal from Kajabi! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!