Kajabi automatically sends out several different emails and notifications. These automated messages occur after a purchase is made, after a new comment is posted in your Community, and more. Learn to edit your automated emails to align with your branding.
In this article:
- Accessing your automated emails
- Overview of each Email Template
- Using liquid objects in your Email Templates
Accessing your automated emails
The automated messages are referred to as Email Templates in Kajabi and can be edited and customized in the Email Templates section under your Settings tab:
- Open the Settings tab from the Dashboard.
- Select Email Templates.
- There, select the Edit icon next to the title of the Email Template you wish to edit.
- Click Save to apply your changes:
Overview of each Email Template:
- Affiliate Announcement Notification: This is sent to Affiliates when you create an Affiliate announcement.
- Affiliate Conversion Notification: This email is sent to affiliates when they make a sale for you.
- Announcement Notification: This message is sent to members when a product announcement is posted.
- Assessment Completion: This email is sent to users when they complete an Assessment and will contain a link they can follow to view their graded results.
- Cart Abandonment: This email is sent to a user when they do not complete the checkout sequence for an Offer.
- New Community Admin Post Notification: This email is sent to members of your Community when an admin creates a Community Post.
- New Community Comment: This email is sent when a Community member is following a Post and a new comment is made on the post.
- Community Connect Request: This email is sent to Community members when another Member of the Community sends a message through the Community.
- Double Opt-in: This email is sent to a user when you have double opt-in enabled on your Form. This asks the recipient to confirm their opt-in.
- Member Drip Notification: When new content has been dripped in your Product, the Member will receive this email notification that includes a link to your site where they can log in and view the new dripped content that has been released.
- Offer Grant Confirmation: This email is sent to Members when they are granted a new product.
- Member Payment Action Required: This email is sent to Members when a payment requires their confirmation.
- Member Payment Subscription Failed: This is sent to Members when their payment is declined, rejected by their bank, or does not go through successfully.
- Mention Notification: This email is sent to people when they have been mentioned in a comment.
- Offer Purchase Confirmation: This email is sent out when a user purchases an Offer through the Kajabi checkout page. This template includes copy congratulating the member on their purchase and provides the link to your Login page. This email does not contain login credentials.
- Reply Comment Notification: This message is sent to users whenever a reply is made directly to their comment. Notifications do not go out to everyone involved in the thread, only to the author of the parent comment. The email includes a link to where they can view and reply to the comment.
- User Cancelled Subscription: This is sent to Members when they deactivate (i.e., cancel) a purchased Offer.
- Member Welcome Email: This email is sent to members manually imported with an Offer grant. It includes their login credentials as well as a link to the login page of your site.
- Podcast Episode Published Notification: This email is sent to private podcast subscribers when a new episode is published.
- New Podcast Subscriber Welcome: This email is sent to new private podcast subscribers when they subscribe.
Using liquid objects in your email templates
Each Email Template supports the use of different liquid objects, therefore you will need to determine which liquid objects are available before using them in your Email Template.
Not familiar with using liquid objects? Click here to learn more.
To determine which liquid objects are available in an Email Template:
- Open the Settings tab from your dashboard.
- Locate the Site Settings section.
- Click Email Templates.
- Select the Email Template you'd like to edit.
- Locate the text below the content text body to determine which liquid objects are supported in your selected email template: