Learn to cancel a subscription and refund a transaction with PayPal.
In this article:
- Refund a transaction in PayPal
- Cancel a subscription with PayPal
- Send a custom email notification to your team for cancellations
Refund a transaction in PayPal
To refund a transaction in your PayPal dashboard:
- Go to the Activity tab in the header.
- Select Refund next to the transaction you'd like to refund:
Cancel a subscription with PayPal
To communicate to Kajabi that a Subscription has been cancelled to deactivate your Member's access to your Product(s), your Member must manually cancel the subscription they paid for with PayPal in their PayPal account or you can Deactivate their Offer from your Kajabi Account.
How Your Member Cancels Their Subscription in PayPal:
- Your member must log in to their PayPal account.
- Click Payments in the top menu.
- Select Manage automatic payments under the "Automatic payments" section.
- Select the merchant whose agreement they want to cancel in the left sidebar.
- Click the Cancel button.
- Confirm their wish to cancel and click Cancel Automatic Payments:
Send a custom email notification to your team for cancellations
The email address associated with your Kajabi account will receive a notification email from PayPal if a customer cancels their subscription.
If you wish to notify your team for cancellations, create an Automation.
Step 1. Add an automation
- Open the Products tab from the Dashboard.
- Then, click Offers.
- Select the Offer you want to create a notification for.
- Scroll down to Automations.
- Click + Add Automation.
Step 2. Configure your automation
- Under When, click Offer subscription payment canceled.
- Under Then, select Send an email.
- Then, select To my team.
- Enter the email addresses of your team that you wish to be notified in the Recipients field.
- Be sure to click
enterafter each recipient entered.
- Edit the Subject and the Body of the email sent to your team.
- Click Save to keep your changes: