Learn to cancel a subscription and refund a transaction with PayPal.
In this article:
- Refund a transaction in PayPal
- Cancel a subscription with PayPal
- Send a custom email notification to your team for cancellations
Refund a transaction in PayPal
To refund a transaction in your PayPal dashboard:
- Go to the Activity tab in the header.
- Select Refund next to the transaction you'd like to refund:
Cancel a subscription in PayPal
How to cancel your customer's subscription in PayPal:
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Click Sales in the top menu.
- Select Subscriptions under the "Sales Channels" section.
- On the Manage Subscriptions page, select Subscriptions from the left sidebar.
- Select the customer whose subscription you'd like to cancel.
- Click the
…menu and select Cancel Subscription.
- Confirm that you would like to cancel the subscription:
Send a custom email notification to your team for cancellations
The email address associated with your Kajabi account will receive a notification email from PayPal if a customer cancels their subscription.
If you wish to notify your team of cancellations, create an Automation:
Step 1. Add an automation
- Open the Sales tab from the Dashboard.
- Then, click Offers.
- Select the Offer you want to create a notification for.
- Scroll down to Automations.
- Click + Add Automation.
Step 2. Configure your automation
- Under When, click Offer subscription payment canceled.
- Under Then, select Send an email.
- Then, select To my team.
- Enter your team email addresses that you wish to be notified in the Recipients field.
- Be sure to click
enterafter each recipient entered.
- Edit the Subject and the Body of the email sent to your team.
- Click Save to keep your changes:
And that’s how to cancel and refund a transaction in PayPal! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!