Failed payments processed through Stripe can be customized to specify the number of retry days before your customer's subscription is canceled. Learn to customize Stripe's Smart Retries.
In this article:
- Managing failed payments in Stripe
- Stripe's smart retries
- Use custom retry schedule
- Viewing Stripe failed payments in Kajabi
Managing failed payments in Stripe
In your Stripe Account, you can customize how potential failed payments are handled when processed in Stripe:
- Customize Stripe's Retry schedule if a payment failure occurs.
- Create Customer emails to send when a card payment fails.
- Adjust the Subscription status to determine the action that will occur if all retries for a payment fail.
Stripe's smart retries
Stripe uses machine learning algorithms that train on data collected across the Stripe network to optimize retry logic and minimize failed payments.
Check out Stripe's documentation on Smart Retries.
Use custom retry schedule
Select Use custom retry schedule to create your very own retry schedule within Stripe.
- Log into your Stripe account.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Under the Billing card, click Subscriptions and emails.
- Configure the steps you'd like to take when charging a customer's payment method fails within Manage failed payments.
- Click Use custom retry schedule to configure your Retry rules.
This will determine how much time is between each charge attempt and after how many attempts the subscription is automatically canceled.
- Click Save to keep your changes:
Viewing Stripe failed payments in Kajabi
You can view failed payments for Stripe integrations:
- Navigate to the Purchase Information page
- Click the “Transactions” tab
- Click the “...” to View more details
- When a subscription or multiple payment fails, the billing status will be Past due.
- In the transactions tab, you can see which transactions are Retrying and when they are scheduled to be tried again.
- When a failed payment reattempt is successful, the subscription or multiple payment billing status will change back into an Active state and future payments will be collected on the next billing cycle.
- If all retries fail, the subscription or multiple payments will be updated depending on the settings you’ve selected in Stripe:
And that’s how to manage failed payments in Stripe! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!