Learn to link your landing pages to your website with navigation menus and buttons.
In this article:
Website pages vs. landing pages
Website pages are your standard website pages Kajabi has connected for you to make up the foundation of your website.
Your standard website pages include pages like your:
But we know that you may need more than just the essentials to make your website work for your business.
This is where your Standalone Pages come in.
Standalone Pages are your individual landing pages that can be connected to your standard website pages or used separately.
Your unique standalone landing pages can be used to:
- Encourage Opt-ins to grow your list. Learn about Forms on Kajabi.
- Provide supporting materials (e.g., video content, downloadable files). Learn to add downloadable files.
- Create Sales Pages for your digital products.
The sky is the limit with your custom landing page. Build and design your landing pages to work for your unique business.
Looking to expand your website with your standalone landing pages?
Continue reading to learn how to connect your landing pages to your website with navigation menus and call to action buttons.
Creating navigation menus
Navigation menus organize links together to help your page visitors easily navigate between pages.
Typically, navigation menus can be found in the headers and footers (i.e., the top and bottom) of a page.
With Kajabi, you can use navigation menus (also referred to as link lists) in the headers, footers, and various sections of your page.
Connect your landing pages to your website by adding your landing page link to the navigation menu(s) used on your standard website pages.
How to add a link to a navigation menu:
- Select the navigation menu used on your website (Typically, this will be your main menu on your header and footer menu).
- Then, click Add.
- Now, select your desired Link Type. You will be creating a new clickable path to one of the following options, that will appear in your menu on your pages.
Chose the Add Link option to add your landing page.
- Enter your link name (Your link name will be visible to your page visitors).
- Paste in your landing page URL.
- Select Visible to logged in users only if you would like this link to only appear for members of your site. (Optional)
- Click Add to keep and apply your changes:
- Product - Add a link to a Category or Post.
- Page - Add a link to any of your Website Pages in Kajabi.
- Link - Add a link to any URL.
After adding your landing page link to your website navigation menu, preview your standard website page to test your updated navigation menu.
Adding call to action buttons
Don't want to link your landing page with navigation menus?
Add a Call to Action button to your page.
Build sales pages for your Offers, opt-in pages to subscribe to your list, promotional campaigns, and more with your custom landing pages.
Then, add a Call to Action button to your standard website page (like your homepage) to encourage your website visitors to explore your custom landing page.
What is a Call to Action?
A Call to Action is typically used to provoke an immediate response from your users to subscribe or purchase.
However, Kajabi has built the Call to Action as a button to be used for a variety of purposes by configuring the Button Action:
- Lead a visitor to a custom Landing Page
- Lead to a sale by going to a Checkout Page
- Encourage your audience to download a file
- Lead to any page with a URL link
- Open a Two-Step Optin Popup
- And act as a link to lead to a section of the page
In this case, connect your landing page(s) to your standard website page(s) by adding a Call to Action block.
How to add a Call to Action block to your page
- Open the Website tab from the Dashboard.
- Open the page editor for your standard website page. Learn more
- Click the Section you want to edit or create a new Section.
- In the sidebar, click Add Content.
- From the list, select Call to Action.
- Your newly created Call to Action will generate at the bottom of the page.
- Select Go to a Landing Page.
- Select your landing page from the dropdown.
- Customize your Call to Action. Learn more
- Click Save to keep your changes: