Gain a better understanding of your contacts and their engagement with your marketing to improve your marketing materials and how you reach your contacts and customers.
In this article:
What is the Insights tab?
With the Insights tab, you can gain a better understanding of your contacts and their engagement with your marketing materials to help you know what is working well and what needs improvement.
How to use Insights
Use the Insights tab to analyze and assess your email marketing best practices and improve your marketing materials based on your unique Insights.
Your Insights tab will filter by your Contacts, Customers, Subscribed, Unsubscribed, and by Subscriber Engagement.
To view your Insights:
- Open the Contacts tab from your Dashboard.
- Click Insights.
- Click into each card to view a filtered list specific to the Insight group:
Your Insights tab displays Insight Widgets containing aggregated data for each group.
Within each widget, you can view the filtered list to apply bulk actions to each particular group.
A contact is a person whose information you’ve saved to your Contacts tab. They can be added to your list by manual import, form, assessment, or Offer purchase.
- Total Contacts is the overall number of people who have ever been added to your contacts.
- New Contacts is the number of people that have been added in the past 30 days.
Subscribed Contacts are subscribed to marketing emails.
- Total Subscribers: the number of contacts and customers that are currently subscribed to email marketing.
- New Subscribers: the number of contacts and customers that subscribed to your email marketing in the last 30 days.
A customer is a contact that has purchased or been granted an Offer.
- Total Customers is the overall number of contacts that have ever purchased or been granted an Offer.
- New Customers is the number of contacts that purchased an Offer in the past 30 days.
- Customer Activity is the number of contacts that have logged in to their account in the past 30 days.
Contacts or Customers that are unsubscribed from marketing emails.
Total Unsubscribed is the total count of unsubscribed contacts in your list. There are multiple ways a contact becomes unsubscribed:
- Manually Unsubscribed: the sender/admin or contact unsubscribed manually in contact’s preferences.
- Opted Out: the contact clicked unsubscribe in the footer of the email they received.
- Bounced: the contact’s email was not deliverable. The system unsubscribes them to protect your email reputation.
- Marked Spam: the contact marked the email as spam in their inbox.
- Never Subscribed: the contact has never subscribed to email marketing. This could’ve been during an import the contact was not marked as subscribed or during a purchase, the customer did not opt-in to receive marketing emails.
Engaged subscribers are key to successful email marketing. We measure engagement by when subscribers last interacted with your emails. Each subscriber is grouped into one of the following tiers:
- Healthy: Interacted in 0-90 days
- Passive: Interacted in 91-180 days
- Unengaged: Idle for 181-270 days
- Inactive: Idle for 270+ days
Segmenting based on engagement is a good strategy to adopt. To maintain a healthier list, consider removing any inactive subscribers from your Contacts.
At the bottom of the Subscriber Engagement card is a toggle to give you the option to include an email open event as part of engagement. It is good to keep in mind that there is growing skepticism around using open events due to new changes to mail privacy across different mail clients.
And that's an overview of the Insights feature! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!