Learn to design your Course Product with the Momentum Template.
In this article:
- What is the Momentum Template?
- How to install the Momentum Template
- How to customize the Momentum Template
- Momentum sections
- Momentum page settings
What is the Momentum Template?
The Momentum Template is exclusive to your Course Product Editor. It is a template built for simplicity and easy content consumption.
With Momentum, the focus is placed heavily on your content and what is being delivered in the course product, minimizing distractions that could detract from your customers' experience.
How to install the Momentum Template
Get started with the Momentum Template by first installing it in your Course Product.
Installing the Template allows you to begin designing your Course pages before they are visible to your customers.
This allows you to design and update your Course Product behind-the-scenes until you are ready to share it.
To install Momentum:
- Open the Products tab from your Dashboard.
- Select the Course you wish to redesign.
- Click the Customize tab.
- Click Install Template.
- Select Momentum and click Install Template:
Customize the pages that make up your Course Product
After installing Momentum, navigate through the various Course Pages using the dropdown menu at the top of the template editor:
Once you've finished customizing and designing your Course Product, you're ready to activate it! Learn to activate your template
How to customize the Momentum template
Customize your Course template with Kajabi's click-to-edit system. Simply locate the section you wish to customize and make your desired changes in the sidebar control panel.
Or select the different sections from the sidebar control panel to edit the various sections that make up your Course page.
With the Momentum Template, you can customize the various Sections of your page and the Page Settings.
Navigation Title is the back link text displayed in the top left corner of the Course page.
Customize the language used to communicate the back link:
Navigation is the Momentum sidebar displaying the Modules and Lessons that make up your Course.
Customize the Navigation menu to hide or show your Lessons:
Welcome Screen is the header section of the Momentum template. Customize the language used for the:
- welcome back headline
- progress text directly below the welcome back message
- start, resume, and restart text located in the top right button of your header:
Tabs are located directly below the Momentum template header to navigate between the Dashboard, Modules, and Announcements for the Course.
Customize the language for each tab by editing the Tabs section of the Momentum template:
Dashboard Body is located in the main, middle section of your Course Page.
Add a combination of text, image, and video block(s) to your Dashboard Body to optimize your customers' experience with your Course Product:
Community Widget: If you've created a Kajabi Community Product on the same site as your Course Product, you'll have the option to add a Community Widget to your Course template to embed a Community Circle in your Course:
Before adding a Community Widget, you'll need to link a Community Access Group in your Course Settings (and make sure the Access Group is added to your Course Offers). Learn how to embed a Community Circle in your Course.
Dashboard Sidebar is located on the far right of the Course page.
Similar to the Dashboard Body, add a combination of card, image, text, and video block(s) to optimize your customers experience with the main Course Dashboard:
Customize the search bar located directly above the Dashboard Sidebar from the General Settings in the Page Settings tab. Skip to general settings
Momentum page settings
The page settings of your template streamline the build and design of your entire Course Product by generating your configured page settings across every page of your Course.
With Momentum, this will update your favicon, typography, color scheme, and general settings across your:
- Main Course page
- Announcements page
- Module page
- Lesson page
- Comment page
- Search page
Customize the settings for your Course page by opening the Settings tab from the sidebar control panel:
Favicon: a small icon on a website tab or window in your browser.
You're probably familiar with the favicon for the sites you frequently visit, such as the blue Kajabi favicon for this very page:
While adding a favicon is simple, it's just one more way you can signal your business's professionalism and reinforce your brand.
The ideal image file size for favicons is a 32x32 PNG.
However, if you upload a bigger image Kajabi will help you resize it.
Upload your favicon by clicking Select Image and uploading a new file or by selecting a recent file.
Typography allows you to customize the font across your Course Page.
Use the dropdown menus to change the font for your heading and paragraph text:
Color Scheme is your overall page color scheme:
- Primary is the main color of your page. This will impact the welcome back screen located at the top of your Course page:
- Accent is the secondary color for your page and will change the color of your video player if applicable:
- Sidebar Background is the navigation menu sidebar located on the left-most portion of your Course page. Select your desired color to change the appearance of the left sidebar:
General Settings include your page visibility, pagination, and comments. Use your General Settings to customize the language and text used to communicate the various sections of your page.
- Visibility changes the visibility of your Course Dashboard and Search bar. Hide or show your Dashboard and/or Search bar by customizing the Visibility General Settings.
- Pagination is the language used to communicate the next or previous pages your customers can explore if applicable. Customize the language used by entering your desired text for each field.
- Comments general setting allows you to change the language used for the different comment features in a Lesson.
And that's how to customize your Course Product with Momentum! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!