Learn to offer content to your customers on a monthly rolling basis. This membership model ensures that customers purchasing in Month A will receive access to content starting in Month A, B, C, D and on as long as they continue paying. Then, customers purchasing in Month B, will only have access to content released in Month B, C, D... and so on.
In this article:
- What is a monthly enrolling membership?
- Setting up your monthly enrolling membership
- Step 1. Create your monthly products
- Step 2. Create your monthly offers
- Step 3. Create your monthly enrolling funnel
- Managing your monthly enrolling membership
What are monthly enrolling memberships?
A Monthly Enrolling Membership blocks certain users from accessing previous content based on the month they purchase.
For example, customers purchasing in January will see all content from January and all months moving forward so as long as they continue to pay their recurring subscription. But customers that purchase in February will not have access to the content in January. They will only see content released from February moving forward so long as they continue to pay their subscription.
This model ensures that your customers can only access content that has been made available to them while they have been a paying customer.
Creating this Membership type utilizes the power of Funnels, Offers, and Products.
To ensure that your customers can only access content from the month they purchase and on, you will be setting up a new Offer and its corresponding content (i.e., Product) for each month.
Setting up your monthly enrolling membership
Step 1. Create your monthly products
To create a Monthly Enrolling Membership your monthly content must be held within separate Products. Your Products will be connected to each corresponding Offer to ensure that customers purchasing in a specific month will only receive content from that month onward.
Create your first Product for the first month you plan to run your monthly enrolling membership.
Step 2. Create your monthly offers
After creating your Product(s), create and edit the corresponding Offers and their Checkout Pages for each month a customer can purchase your Membership.
Key Offer Settings:
- Price: Recurring Subscription
- Automation: When an Offer subscription payment fails.
With the monthly enrolling membership model, set up your Offers as recurring subscriptions to receive payment on an ongoing basis.
In the case of a payment failure or canceled payment, use the power of Automations to trigger an action "When an Offer subscription payment failed" and/or "payment canceled":
- Notify you and/or your team to address the issue with a Send an email automation;
- Revoke access to the Offer;
- Or, deactivate from Offer (discontinue payment & access) if you have Advanced Automations.
Step 3. Create your monthly enrolling funnel
Streamline your Monthly Enrolling Membership with the Sales Page Funnel as your main Monthly Enrolling Funnel.
- Open the Marketing tab from your Dashboard.
- Click Funnels.
- Navigate to the top-right corner and click + New Funnel.
- Select Sales Page and click Create Funnel.
- Select the Offer for the first month of your membership (e.g., January Offer).
- Click Generate Funnel:
After generating your Funnel, rename your Funnel to an easily identifiable title. This title is only visible internally and will help when managing your monthly enrolling membership.
- In the Funnel Editor, navigate to the top of the page and click Sales Page.
- Select Rename Funnel.
- Enter an easily identifiable title for your monthly enrolling membership funnel (e.g., Monthly Enrolling Membership):
Now that you have set up your monthly enrolling membership, learn to manage your funnel and monthly Offers to ensure that access to your content is only available for as long your customer has been paying.
Managing your monthly enrolling membership
Managing your monthly enrolling membership is the key piece to successfully running this type of membership model.
To manage your monthly enrolling membership, simply update your Funnel and monthly Offers for each month of your membership.
Managing your Membership on a monthly basis ensures that your ongoing content is only available to customers from the month your customers begin paying.
Although Kajabi does not have an automated process for this type of model at this time, this is a sustainable, scalable process you can implement for your own business.
Step 1. Edit your funnel
First, edit your Funnel to direct customers to the next month's Offer (in this example, the February Offer). This will ensure that your customers purchasing in the next month (e.g., February) will only have access to the February Product.
- Open the Marketing tab from the Dashboard.
- Select your Monthly Enrolling Membership Funnel.
- Locate the Offer Checkout page.
…in the top-right corner of the card.
- Click Remove.
- Confirm by clicking Remove in the pop-up.
- Hover your mouse on the vertical line below your Sales Page.
- Click + Add Offer.
- Select the Offer for the next month of your membership (e.g., February).
- Click Save to apply:
Step 2. Edit your offer
In this step, edit your previous Offer(s) to include the content (i.e., Product) for the next month of your membership. This will give customers with the previous Offer(s) access to the content for the new month.
- Open the Sales tab from the Dashboard.
- Click Offers.
- Select the previous Offer.
- Locate Included Products and click + Add Product.
- Select your next month's Product.
- Select Give this product to existing offer customers.
- Click Add product.
- Click Save to keep your changes:
Have multiple previous Offers?
If you have multiple previous Offers, repeat Step 2 for each previous Offer to include the Product for the new month.
For example, if your membership has entered the month of March, your previous Offer(s) should include Products for each month leading up to March:
- Customers that began paying in January will now have access to the Products for January, February, and March;
- Customers that began paying in February will now have access to the Products for February and March;
- And customers that begin paying in March will only have access to the Product for March.
And that's how to set up monthly enrolling memberships! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!