Custom HTML can be added through the source code view in your Email Broadcast and Email Sequence editor toolbar. Learn to customize your emails by adding custom HTML.
In this article:
- List of Valid HTML Elements
- Adding Custom HTML to an Email Sequence
- Adding Custom HTML to an Email Broadcast
Please refrain from using the source code editor if you are not proficient with HTML. There is the potential to break your emails here. Be cautious and consult an expert when needed. Introducing custom code to your site can open you up to vulnerabilities and potential malware attacks. We recommend using vulnerability tools like VirusTotal or Snyk to scan any custom code that you intend to use and apply certain best practices to help reduce potential impact.
List of Valid HTML Elements
Here is a list of valid HTML elements (separated by commas) Kajabi allows in Email Broadcasts and Email Sequences:
<a>, <p>, <strong>, <em>, <u>, <text>, <img>, <br>, <h1>, <h2>, <h3>, <span>, <li>, <ul>, <ol>
Video embeds and scripts (like Calendly and other schedulers) do not work in Email Campaigns. If you wish to include an embedded video or scheduler with your Email Campaign, link a Page with custom sections containing your Video Embed or embedded Schedulers to your Email Campaign. Read How to Add Custom Code to Your Page for details.
Adding Custom HTML to an Email Sequence
To add custom HTML to an Email Sequence email using the Classic Editor:
- From the Dashboard, open the Marketing tab.
- Click into an existing Email Sequence or create a new one.
- Select your individual email to edit.
- Open the source code section on the toolbar
<>of the Text section.
- Read the warning message and click Ok to proceed.
- Add your custom HTML.
- Be sure to click Save to keep your changes:
Adding Custom HTML to an Email Broadcast
To add custom HTML to an Email Broadcast using the Visual Editor:
- Click into an existing Email Broadcast or create a new one.
- Hover over the body of the email and click Edit content.
- Then, click into a text block or create a new one in the sidebar editor.
- In the Text Body toolbox, click the Source Code <> icon.
- Add your custom HTML.
- Click Save:
And that's how to add custom HTML to your emails! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!